Original Pickl-It® Fermentation Lid Kit for Anaerobic Pickling
The Pickl-It Lid Kit has been designed to fit Borgonovo, Bormioli Rocco Fido, or Kilner jars which are available throughout the world. It is important to only purchase 'wire-bail' jars and not screw-on 'canning' jars sold as 'mason jars'. Our Pickl-It Lid Kit - fits all sizes from 500 ml through 5000 ml.
- Our airtight-lid and airlock system are the same practical tools used by our ancient ancestors
- Many Pickl-It customers have switched from canning to Pickl-It fermentation, preserving their precious food
- Glass-Lid - Made in Italy
- Rubber grommet
- Barrel Air Lock - One-way valve releases excess CO2 and oxygen, creating natural, spontaneous anaerobic conditions
Our airtight-lid and airlock system are the same practical tools used by our ancient ancestors. They used animal skins, unglazed covered crocks, sealed gourds, covered wooden barrels, and deep-earth fermentation pits. We use glass, salt and water to achieve the same great results. No animals were harmed in Pickl-it Development.
We’ve put anaerobic – oxygen-free – back into “fermentation’. When oxygen is eliminated, the bad guys, like mold and harmful yeasts, cannot thrive. And the good guys – vitamins, antioxidants, important dietary enzymes, and probiotics – thrive in an anaerobic environment.
Many Pickl-It customers have switched from canning to Pickl-It fermentation, preserving their precious food. Foods fermented and stored in the Pickl-It system remain viable, flavorful and nutritious from harvest-to-harvest, or longer. You can expect an 18-month life for sauerkraut, pickled cucumbers, kimchi, garlic, lemons and hot pepper mashes.
Each Original Pickl-It lid-kit includes:
- Hand-made in USA, Pickl-It high-quality, food-grade glass fermenting lid (includes the rubber grommet in lid)
- Large 3-piece primary fermentation airlock
- Silicone Food-grade FDA-approved plug (Plug’R)