Harvested from a remote & unpolluted area in the Carpathian mountains, our organic bee pollen has an incredibly fragrant flavour. Collected by gentle ‘Apis Melifica’ bees, who transform the pollen from a fine dust into small golden nuggets. It is then carefully harvested and dried to retain the vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes and coenzymes which make pollen such a valuable superfood and tonic for our systems.
In the wilderness of Romania’s Carpathian mountains, honey bee products are a traditional and treasured medicine. Communism and poverty meant pesticides and large scale monoculture forms of agriculture never invaded this beautiful area and the great diversity of flora there makes it perfect for bee keeping and for producing this wonderful pollen. We are very happy to support the traditional and sustainable bee-keeping practices of this remote area, which in turn help to preserve this unique, unspoilt habitat. We trust you’ll enjoy this gift from nature.
Bee Pollen is one of Nature’s most perfect foods. Entombed with Pharaohs and valued in ancient times as “the secret ambrosia” eaten to acquire eternal youth.
Bursting with easily-assimilated protein and lecithin, which nourish the brain and nervous system. It has natural rejuvenating powers, aids beauty, relieves digestive disorders, boosts energy, sexual potency, ovarian function, and fights allergies & disease (specifically prostrate problems and possibly even cancer). It makes a wonderful, completely natural, addition to your diet, especially during times of intensive physical or mental work, pregnancy (it has been shown to improve maternal nutrition), lactation, stress or low vitality.
Its benefits are multi-faceted, helping to restore our vitality, boost health and support an active lifestyle. Pollen self-digests and aids the digestion of other foods. This helps regulate the action of our intestines, especially in cases of chronic constipation or diarrhoea and assists in weight control by making fats burn faster.
The minerals, trace elements & amino acids in bee pollen are available in a bio-available organic form to assist with the functioning of glands, organ and nerves, and the balancing of blood, lymph and our general metabolism. With a high content of all B complex vitamins, it’s a powerful tonic during times of stress and nervous endocrine system conditions, in addition to being extremely rich in Rutin, (Vitamin P) which strengths capillaries and blood cell walls.
Additional benefits discovered:
- The haemoglobin levels of anaemic children given pollen has been shown to improve.
- By nourishing us so deeply, it has also been used successfully in drug and alcohol treatment programs to reduce addictions and withdrawal effects.
- Famous amongst world class athletes, pollen is said to "produce accelerated rate of recovery, including return to normal heart rate, breathing, and readiness for the next event”. The British Sports Council recorded increases in strength of 40-50% in those taking bee pollen regularly.
- Dr. Lars-Erik Essen, a dermatologist in Helsingborg, Sweden, has found “bee pollen exerts a profound biological effect. It seems to prevent premature aging of the cells and stimulates growth of new skin tissue. It offers effective protection against dehydration and injects new life into dry cells. It smoothes away wrinkles and stimulates a life-giving blood supply to all skin cells.”
- Professors N. Mankovsky and D. G. Chebotarev praise the properties of bee pollen, calling them "vital to a form of internal and external rejuvenation at the cellular level.”
Enjoy raw, adding a teaspoon or two (there are no set recommendations for pollen, trust your instincts) to your cereal, muesli, porridge, smoothies or fresh juices. Try sprinkling onto homemade chocolate as a beautiful topping, or add to raw desserts and superfood protein bars. Add to ‘honey mustard’ dressings and try on seaweed spaghetti and salads for an ultra-nutritious meal.